2017 - 2017
Front-end Developer (Engineer 3)
- Solo front-end developer for GDPR consent-gathering app - serving 15m+ global users in 2018
- Balanced a modern front-end app experience with the need to serve users in emerging markets
Oslo University Hospital
2015 - 2016
DevOps Engineer, Lead Web Designer
- Transitioned the genetics analysis platform to modern DevOps practices, enabling more reliable deployments of critical software (handling patient genetic results).
- Led and implemented a complete redesign of an in-house Python+Angular app for genetic analysis.
2012 - 2015
Director of Internal IT
- Responsible for ensuring IT experience is understandable, secure, and efficient for 1600 employees in 29 offices globally.
- Managed staff of 10-12 employees, both local and remote.
- Participated in all levels of tasks, including strategy setting, project management, and application development.
2012 - 2012
- Coordinated with multiple development groups to create and update public documentation for Desktop releases of Opera browser as well as new iterations of the Presto engine.
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology
2009 - 2011
Senior Teaching Fellow
- Lectured daily on business (sales, marketing, strategy, project management, speeches, presentations and slide design, entrepreneurship) and computer science (HTML, CSS, web design, Java, Ruby, networking) topics. Created supporting materials including slides, homework, quizzes, tests.
- Responsible for daily operations and resolution of any issues while administration was out of country. Coordinated with administrators remotely to report on current projects, and classroom activity. Met with local staff to assign tasks, get updates, and discuss any open matters.
- Mentored teams of post-graduate level students working on software industry business plans. Met with students daily to discuss each phase of product development and key business decisions.
2009 - 2011
- Designed and implemented complete IT solution for local campus. Solution included wireless networks, networked printer access, and additional provisions for the local environment.
- Unique challenges included providing fault-tolerance for WAN downtime, power outages, WAN latency and bandwidth issues, and high temperatures.
- Installed, configured and supported Linux for all in-house servers. Supported functionality included load balancing between connections, firewall, routing, DNS, DHCP, client access-control, file-sharing, and virtual machines for development/education.
- Responsible for all technology purchasing decisions including additional wireless access points, printers, servers, power backups, and yearly purchase of student laptops.
2008 - 2009
Tutor, Computer Science
2006 - 2008
2004 - 2005
Computer Training Coordinator
Summers 2001, 2004, 2005
2004 - 2005
Systems Administration Support
1998 - 2002
Helpdesk and Systems Support
University of Oslo
2011 - 2012
M.S. Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The College at Brockport
B.S. (cum laude) Computer Science
- HTML / CSS: daily-use, can quickly prototype ideas, as well as create sustainable solutions; knowledgeable on cross-platform as well as accessibility considerations
- UX / UI: Attended UXLX 2017 conference to expand UX capabilities; high attention to detail with a history of working either directly on design or closely with design team
- Ruby/Python: comfortable with using for scripting and automation, some backend work in the past
Operations / DevOps
- Extensive work with Ansible, have developed custom modules and worked with the underlying API
- Familiar with most modern DevOps practices, experience with AWS as well as deploying/maintaining in-house hardware
- Deep knowledge of macOS internals and platform management
- Very comfortable with Linux and CLIs
- English: Native
- Norwegian: Intermediate and working to improve
- Cooking & local food industry, open source projects, board games, video games. Enjoy experimenting with photography and other personal design projects.